Tuesday, September 22, 2009

blind date

I have never been into a blind date and I never imagined myself attending one. My past relationships were products of friendship, I believe (wink). So I really don't have idea on how blind date works.

According to Wikipedia, blind date are usually arranged by mutual friends, relatives, or by dating system, which involves two people that have not met each other before.

What strikes me was the following description from Wikipedia still:

"Blind dating is considered by psychologists to be one of the most stressful emotional experiences, mainly due to a great lack of self-confidence from both parties and the inevitable fear of the unknown."

This reminds me of the advise of our parents, "don't talk to strangers."

I think that is one reason why I am so anxious with blind dating. I am not fond of solving person's mysteries. I find it hard to read people's personality as well.

To my mom and the rest of those who would want to set me up in a blind date, I am so sorry. I am not sure if I can overcome the "FEAR", hahaha. I also have a thought, if your friends have the tendency to harm or hurt you, why not other that you don't know personally. Anyway, that is a very closed minded thought. I'll let you know when i'm ready. Hahaha... (malande!) Ayaw ko pa mastress eh, haha...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

was it suppose to be that way?